Australasia: Australia, New Zealand and Asia
Diploma in Packaging Technology = 50 CPP Points
The Diploma in Packaging Technology is a PIABC accredited Level 5 qualification which is internationally recognised for those wishing to pursue a career
in the packaging industry or for those who are already in the industry and who wish to extend their knowledge and expertise. It has been offered by
the AIP continuously for over 40 years and has an exemplary record of successful students. It has now been revised and updated and is offered on-line.
The Diploma in Packaging Technology prepares students to take responsibility for packaging operations at any level through the supply chain. The qualification is comprehensive, and provides an opportunity to study the principles of packaging, packaging materials and packaging processes
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Completion of the Diploma in Packaging Technology demonstrates your commitment to your career and to the industry. Delegates who successfully complete the Diploma are equipping themselves for senior positions within the packaging industry. Networking opportunities abound, providing the chance to draw on the experience and knowledge of others.
WHO AM I?
Diploma students are from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, and are typically experienced practitioners or managers in technical, sales/ marketing, QA, purchasing, engineering or design. The Diploma is a Level 5 qualification and students should understand that this is a detailed
Certificate in Packaging = 25 CPP Points
The Certificate in Packaging is an internationally recognised qualification that is designed to meet the training needs of a wide variety of people involved in
packaging. This course is ideally suited to the new entrant who wants the best possible preparation for a career in the industry, to design, production, management, sales and marketing or purchasing staff who need to deepen their understanding of this vital and complex discipline.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
The Certificate in Packaging provides a level of insight and understanding of the packaging industry that adds real and measurable value to careers and businesses. Packaging is a fundamental part of modern business, and the Certificate in Packaging provides you with the ‘detailed overview’ of
packaging processes that broadens your knowledge, adds value to your business and helps you to prove your worth.
WHO AM I?
The PIABC accredited Level 3 Certificate is appropriate for those wanting to enhance their employment and progression opportunities in the packaging and related industries.
For example candidates may be:
• Key personnel who handle and use packaging line operators, supervisors, maintenance engineers.
• Personnel who liaise with specifiers, users and handlers of packaging e.g. quality control and assurance personnel, designers, marketing personnel, sales executives.
• Personnel who liaise with packaging suppliers, other than those with direct responsibility for specifications, e.g buyers, production planners, warehousing and distribution personnel.
• New recruits to the manufacturing and packaging industries, who need an introduction to the broad subject of Packaging.
• Those looking for a broad qualification in packaging as a basis for career development.
Fundamentals of Packaging Technology = 50 CPP Points
The Fundamentals of Packaging Technology on-line modules are set-up for the convenience of busy working professionals, and the training platform is functionally intuitive. Complete your training when your time allows, and at your own pace. Wherever you are, the course goes with you!
The Fundamentals of Packaging Technology course content is developed in consultation with packaging subject matter experts at leading global consumer packaged goods companies who face packaging challenges just like yours.
Take the complete course and learn about all the major segments of packaging—and beyond. Or customise your training by selecting from 12 lesson bundles organised by topic, or from single lessons as short as 30 minutes. Fundamentals on-line spans 42 modules and 27 hours of content that is recognised for its quality by the World Packaging Organisation.
The Fundamentals of Packaging Technology course is ideal training to prepare for the Certified Packaging Professional (CPP) exam offered through the AIP and the IoPP. The AIP are also offering the FPT course as a 4x Semester, 2-day per Semester residential program over 12 months.
Master of Food and Packaging Innovation = 15 CPP Points
The Master of Food and Packaging Innovation is an inter-disciplinary degree that explores food processing, entrepreneurship and innovation in product
and packaging design at an advanced level.
• Enhance your business acumen and creativity to lead the way in food design.
• Learn the food science fundamentals of food processing, safety and quality.
• Analyse innovative food product and packaging design, from concept to delivery.
• Gain complementary business skills in project management, creative and critical thinking, value creation, entrepreneurship and leadership.
• Investigate key industry research topics and their practical application in commercial settings.
• Undertake an industry internship with a leading food manufacture.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
You will learn the skills necessary to develop valuable and innovative food products that address key issues such as transportability, durability, tamper proofing and perishability issues, as well as key environmental, economic, social and ethical factors.
• A comprehensive understanding of inter-disciplinary food processing, product, innovation, entrepreneurship and packaging at an advanced level.
• Cognitive, technical and creative skills necessary to play a key role within food companies and associated organisations.
• Advanced knowledge and skills in the interdisciplinary field of food, food packaging and design innovation.
• Demonstrate a critical understanding of environment, economic, social and ethical factors related to food production and packaging in Australasia and globally.
• Enhance theoretical and critical thinking skills to analyse and problem solve complex issues relating to food production and packaging.
AIP Training Courses= 12.5 CPP Points
The AIP runs a broad range of technical training courses across Australia, New Zealand and Asia. The Training courses can also be run in-house at your site and customised to suit your needs and staff. All of the training courses are written and presented by qualified experts within their respective fields and are people who are currently working in the packaging industry. The AIP can run a customised in-house version of any of the 30 courses available through the Institute for businesses in Australasia. All of the courses are internationally recognised and attendees attain 12.5 Certified Packaging Professional (CPP) points for each course towards their CPP designation.