India IIPResidential Training Programme on Packaging of Consumer Goods
This unique interactive programme is a part of the Packaging Innovation Incubator Programme whose charter is cross fertilisation of ideas for the benefit of packaging industry, at large.
This pioneering initiative in India and guided by the educational mission of WPO is desired to meet the objectives as below :
- Deliberate new trends in packaging materials, techniques and technologies
- Get acquainted with new trends alongwith sectoral specifics (food, pharmaceutical, consumer products, industrial products etc.)
- To have an exposure towards product differentiation with packaging and marketing trends
- Create country platform to disseminate information on the latest packaging advances
Organisation: Indian Institute of Packaging
Course Duration: 21st Oct. - 1st Nov. 2013
Contact Email: [email protected]
Certificate Programme in Packaging
The programme was launched in the year 1968 and has been in existence ever since then. It is a professional qualification and this CERTFICATE COURSE, is duly accreditated by Asian Packaging Federation (APF).
The CERTIFICATE Programme in Packaging Technology is a three months full time course generally conducted at the Headquarters of the Institute at Mumbai as well as in the four regional offices at Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Chennai. On an average, the number of participants varies from 15 – 25 nos. at all centres. The participants registering for the course are Graduates or Diploma holders in various educational fields. Also, executives from packaging material user industries as well as converter industries and entrepreneurs planning to make a career in packaging.
The CERTIFICATE Programme in Packaging Technology aims to be a nationally and Internationally recognised qualification which provides learners with a broad knowledge of the principles, materials, processes, systems and other elements of packaging production and use. The course content is categorised into various sections such as:
1) Basic concepts of packaging, which covers the physical and physico-chemical concepts of packaging materials and package components.
2) Packaging characteristics which covers physical and physico-chemical characteristics of the product, principles of corrosion and its prevention and compatibility aspects of a product pack system. Design aspects of package are also included.
3) The whole range of packaging material are covered with respect to technology, manufacture, conversion, properties, advantages and limitations, trends in use and future aspects.
4) The section on ancillary materials addresses all ancillary materials such as adhesives, cushioning materials, reinforcements, seals and closures, labels and labelling etc.,
5) The section on test procedures covers the testing of packaging materials with relation to their physical and physico-chemical properties and testing of packaged goods for their transport worthiness.
6) The packaging for various product categories such as food, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and personal care products, handicrafts, textiles etc.,
7) Speciality packages, systems packaging and controlled and modified atmosphere packaging (CAP and MAP).
8) Various types of packaging processes, machinery and equipments.
9) Package material printing and package design.
10) Packaging economics.
11) Packaging laws and regulations.
12) Packaging management.
The theory classes are supported by practical exercises, industrial visits and special sessions by domain experts from industry. Performance evaluation is done through Quiz, Written tests, Dissertation / Literature Survey and Seminar presentations. In addition, there will be a group project on package development for a selected product and Viva-Voce. A minimum of 40% in the individual subjects and 50% in aggregate is necessary to be eligible for award of Certificate.
Those achieving the CERTIFICATE will be able to apply this knowledge for solving problems and making decisions associated with the technical and aesthetic performance, cost, safety aspects of packaging materials and packaged products.
In addition, this course is very useful for becoming an entrepreneur in packaging technology.
Organisation: Indian Institute of Packaging
Course Duration: Three months full time
Contact Email: [email protected]; [email protected]